Thursday, December 9, 2010

God has not given us a Sprit of Fear

God tells us, “I have not given you a spirit of fear.”   2 Timothy 1:7
     In visits with my dying friend who was almost eighty years old, I would read the Bible to him and we would enjoyed long talks.  Near the end of his life he said something that surprised me. With a look of fear, he said, “I did nothing in my life, and I know I could've done so much more." I stopped my friend from continuing once I realized what was happening. Satan was attacking him in his weakest moment with doubt and fear by telling him he wasn't good enough for heaven.

     Satan will attack anyone, anywhere, and if we listen, we will become confused. We must push away from our mind thoughts of doubt or fear and take our concerns to God for the Bible tells us “To cast all of our care on Him." (1st Peter 5:7) I told my friend that he had lived a good life, and that I was very proud of him. I reminded him of his many accomplishments:

·                       Marriage of many years
·                       Raising his children by providing
·                       Being a dedicated employee for many years
·                       Being a good son to his parents 
·                       And he was a good friend to me.

     Satan will come at us during our weakest hour telling us we are not good enough and that no one loves us. He will lie telling us we are alone when Jesus said, “I will be with you to the end of the world.” (Matthew 28: 20). God loves us so much that He has made our way through Jesus Christ.  

     We must not listen to the lies of Satan but remember the truth. The Bible reads, (John 3:16) “ For God so love the world that he gave his one and only son and that anyone who believes in Him will not perish but have eternal life.” Never allow yourself to listen to Satan's lies and when they come, say a pray. Say another prayer and another if needed, for we know from the Bible that “God will never leave us or forsake us." (Hebrew 13: 5).  He will hear and answer our prayers.

     I prayed with my friend and we asked for God to strengthen his faith. I reminded him that God hears and answers our prayers and that Jesus tells us in (Luke: 9-11) to keep asking in prayer with persistence.  I told my friend that God loves him, and that I'm very thankful out of all of the millions and millions of people in our world that I'm so thankful for knowing and loving him.

     My friend went to be with the Lord shortly after our last visit. I'm blessed with knowing that the Lord used me to give my friend comfort during his last days and that my friend is in the House of the Lord.

We2ArePrayingForYou.com (for more reading)
We2ArePrayingForYou@gmail.com (for prayer request) 

No comments: